≡ Menu

Local Studies Sources

Allen, Robert, Three centuries of Christian witness: being the history of First Randalstown Presbyterian Church (Belfast, Belfast News-Letter, 1955).

Anderson, A. C., The story of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland (Belfast), Bell, Logan & Carswell, 1965).

Anderson, Amy; Lyttle, Joy, Portaferry Presbyterian Church, 1642-1992 (Portaferry : The Church, 1992).

Armstrong, Thomas, My life in Connaught: with sketches of mission work in the west (London, Elliot Stock, 1906).

Atkinson, Edward Dupré., An Ulster parish: being a history of Donaghcloney (Waringstown) (Dublin : Hodges, Figgis, 1898).

Bailie, William Desmond, Bi-centenary history of Edengrove Presbyterian Church: 1774-1974 (formerly Second and third Ballynahinch) ([Ballynahinch, Northern Ireland], Session and Committee of Edengrove Presbyterian Church, 1974).

Bailie, William Desmond, The story of Glastry congregation (formerly Ballyhalbert), 1721-1977 (Glastry, published by the Kirk Session and Church Committee of Glastry) .

Bell, J. Brian A., A history of Clarkesbridge and First Newtownhamilton Presbyterian Churches ([Newry : The author, 1969).

Blair, S. Alexander, In the midst of the village: a history of Dunloy Presbyterian Church ([Dunloy], Committee of Dunloy Presbyterian Church, 1991).

Byers, Thomas, The Presbyterian church in Ireland: Ormond Quay and Scots Church, Dublin; a record of three hundred years ([Dublin, Brunswick Press, 1950).

Cowan, Joseph Davison., An ancient Irish parish past and present, being the parish of Donaghmore, County Down ( D. Nutt, 1914).

Dill, A. H. A., short history of the Presbyterian Churches of Ballymoney, County Antrim (Bradford, Percy Lund, Humphries & Co., Ltd., 1898).

Donoughmore Presbyterian Church, 1658-1958 ([S.l. : s.n., 1958).

Elliott, Beatrice; Lundy, Jennifer, Kingsmills Presbyterian Church, 1788-1988 ([s.l. : s.n., 1988).

First Broughshane Presbyterian Church, 1655-1936 ([Belfast, Newton Pub. Co., 1936).

Glendinning, James, On the meeting house steps: two hundred years of Presbyterianism in Stewartstown, 1788-1988 (Stewartstown, Church History Committee, 1988).

Hanna, Alexander, These three hundred and forty years of witness: an historical outline of Dundonald Presbyterian Congregation 1645-1985; and a brief account of other Christian work in the district ([S.l. : s.n., 1985).

Irvine, H. S., The big meeting: the history of Mourne Presbyterian Church, 1696-1996 ([Kilkeel, Northern Ireland], Mourne Presbyterian Church, 1997).

Kernohan, J. W.; Paul, F. J., Rosemary Street Presbyterian Church, Belfast: a record of the past 200 years (Belfast : “Witness” Office, 1923).

Knox, R. Buick.; Best, Ernest, Minterburn congregation, 1657-1957 ([Minterburn : The Church], 1957).

Langtry, Gerard, The Presbyterian Church and congregation of Ballyjamesduff 1721 – 1980 ([Ballyjamesduff : s.n., 1984).

Little, James, Castlereagh Presbyterian church, 1650-1950: the story of an historic church /c told by James Little, addendum by D. J. Little ([Belfast, Northern Ireland : Castlereagh Presbyterian Church], 1950, 1935).

Loughridge, Adam, The Covenanters in Cullybackey, 1789-1989 (Down, N. Ireland, Printed by Outlook Press, 1989).

Lundie, G. T., First Armagh Presbyterian Church, 1673-1973 ([Armagh, Ireland : G.T. Lundie, 1973).

MacArthur, C. W. P., Dunfanaghy’s Presbyterian congregation and its times (Dunfanaghy : Congregational Committee, 1978).

Magee, David J., A Story worth telling: historical sketch of Rathfriland Reformed Presbyterian Church, 1777-1977 ([Rathfriland, N.I.] : Congregational Committee, 1977).

Magee, Trevor, Planted by a river: two hundred years of Covenanter witness at Faughan Bridge, 1790-1990 (Londonderry, N. Ireland, Published by the Session and Committee of Faughan Reformed Presbyterian Church, 1990).

Majury, M., First Antrim Presbyterian Church: gleanings from over 300 years of Presbyterianism in Antrim (Belfast : Newtown Pub. Co., 1934).

McAuley, Ivan, Loughaghery Presbyterian Church: a chronological list of events and developments in the life of the Congregation during its first 250 years with a photographic record of the church organisations in the year 2000 ([Loughaghery?, Congregational Committee, 2000).

McBride, A. McN. R., Lylehill Presbyterian Church 1741-1941 (Belfast : W. & G. Baird, 1940).

McCartney, David J., Nor principalities nor powers: or, three hundred and seventy years of Presbyterianism : a history of First Presbyterian Church, Carrickfergus (Carrickfergus : The author, 1991).

McQuitty, J. A., An historical sketch of Dundonald Presbyterian Congregation, 1645-1932…

Millar, Margaret E., Presbyterianism in Buckna, 1756-1992 (Broughshane, Northern Ireland, Congregational Committee, Buckna Presbyterian Church, 1993).

Miller, H. C., The church on the Stye Brae, Gilnahirk Presbyterian Church, 1787-1987 (Belfast, Northern Ireland : BCD Printers, 1987).

Montgomery, Francis J., A short history of Second Donegore Presbyterian Church, 1788-1988 ([s.l. : s.n.], 1988).

Moore, Tom, A history of the First Presbyterian Church Belfast, 1644-1983 (Belfast, First Presbyterian Church, 1983).

Mullin, Julia E., The presbytery of Coleraine ([Coleraine : Mullin], 1979).

Mullin, Julia E., The Presbytery of Limavady (North -West Books, 1989).

Mullin, Julia E., A history of Dunluce Presbyterian Church (Bushmills, Co. Antrim : Dunluce Presbyterian Church, 1995).

Mullin, Julia E., New Row: the history of New Row Presbyterian Church, Coleraine, 1727-1977 ([Coleraine, Ire. : Mullin], 1976).

Nesbitt, David, Full circle: a story of Ballybay Presbyterians (Ballybay, Co. Monaghan, Ireland, Cahans Publications, 1999).

Patton, W. D., A short history of First Dromore Presbyterian Church, 1660-1981 ([s.l. : s.n.], 1982)

Porter, Warren, “In old Corglass”: an outline of 250 years in First Bailieboro’ Presbyterian Church (Bailieborough, Co. Cavan, 1st Bailieborough Presbyterian Church Congregational Committee, 1964).

The Presbyterian Church in Ireland: Congregation of First Ballymoney ; bicentenary of church building 1777-1977 ([Ballymoney, Co, Antrim], Congregational Committee, 1977).

Price, Margaret T., The history of Presbyterianism in Carmoney, 1622-1940 (Carnmoney, Co. Antrim, Carnmoney Young People’s Guild, 1940).

Reid, William W., A short history of the Presbyterian Congregation of Crossgar, Coleraine ([Coleraine : The Church], 1987).

Robb, William, Malone: a history of Malone Presbyterian Church, Belfast and its neighboorhood, 1835-1970 (Belfast, published by authority of the Seesion and Committee of Malone Presbyterian Church, 1971).

Robinson, Aston., The Presbytery of Ballymena, 1745/1945 /c by Aston Robinson (Ballymena, Northern Ireland : Mid-Antrim Historical Group, 1995).

Sheridan, George, When turkeys chewed tobacco: memories from south west Ulster (Florence Court, Killesher Historical Society, 2001).

Smyth, Edward D., The house on the hill: the Redrock story 1799-1987 (Redrock, Co. Armagh, Redrock Presbyterian Church, 1987).

Stewart, David, Historical memoirs of First Saintfield Congregation (Toaghneave), through three centuries, 1658-1958, with notices of the history of the parish, and development of the town of Saintfield (Belfast, Northern Ireland : Jordan, 1958).

Thompson, Norman, Young, Lily, Presbyterianism in Dungiven:1835-1986 ([Dungiven, Co. Londonderry : s.n., 1987).

These three hundred years, 1645-1945: and twenty five more ([s.l. : s.n., 1970, First Comber Presbyterian Church (Comber, Northern Ireland).

Tullylish Presbyterian Church, 1670-1970 ([s.l. : s.n.], 1970).

Weir, A. J., Letterkenny congregations, ministers, & people: 1615-1960 ([Letterkenny : Trinity Presbyterian Church, 1960).

West, Thomas, A historical sketch of First Antrim Presbyterian Church (Antrim, Ireland : the Church, 1902).

Wilson, William., 350th anniversary of First Bangor Presbyterian Church ([Bangor? Northern Ireland : s.n., 1973).

Withers, John Herbert., Our past years: Fisherwick Church, Belfast, 1823-1973 ([s.l. : s.n., 1973).

Wylie, R. B., A century of congregational history, covering the rise and progress of Terrace Row Presbyterian Church, Coleraine, 1796-1896 (Belfast, M’Caw, Stevenson & Orr, 1925).